Thursday, May 04, 2006

Liberation at last....

While we in Pakistan celebrated World Press Freedom Day with the (controlled) liberation of Blogspot from the shackles of neo-idiotic-beauraucratic idiosyncracies, we were left with another point to ponder.
 
Will we ever have consistent power supplies that will allow us to blog in peace and read other suff in peace online??
 
Call me mad but this is a conspiracy theory against blogspot lovers!!!
 
Last night, as i sat down to work (and blog) after dinner, a wild series of power break dows started. Barely had I caight up with my friends on MSN (ooh, did I mention that my new MSN Live Beta is on a crashing spree and Im solely dependent on the old windows ka pre-intsalled component, Windows Messenger?) when the power went out.
 
It came back after 15 mins though, happily I turned on my PC, and within five more mins, the power konked out back again.
 
This time round, it was back in five mins....only this time, I was in bed.....on my way to dreamland....
 
Yes, the garmee doesnt really affect me, its just the inability to do anything that gets to me!!
 
aarrgghh!!!!

1 Comments:

At 5/05/2006 01:36:00 PM, Blogger Jamal Ashiqain said...

That's exactly what happened to me last night, I was about to post my blog and KESC pulled the plug on our electricity supply. Our electricity was resumed after 30 minutes so I turned on my pc and copied the blog from my Onenote to the Blogspot and hit submit , As soon the site gave me a confirmation the power went off again, Only this time the electricity resumed after 3 hours ( As reported by my mom )
While the electricity was gone, I slept in my studio ( Along with Metro Coil ) as it is well ventilated, I woke up at about 4 am and went to my usual sleeping spot.

The inability to do anything while the power is gone really gets me as well, I usually try to use my mobile WAP to get news and outdated weather forecast, but that is about it. I hope KESC dose something for coop up with our power needs. They should really remove those Kundas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Popdex Citations